Thursday, November 15, 2012

I Never Knew She Would Change My Life

Ah, facebook.  The wonderful world of cute kitty pictures/videos that make me remember just how much I love my boys.
And remind me of a cat who made me realize that life without a cat just really is no life at all.  RIP, kitty.  You'll always have my heart.

I have pretty much always had a cat in my life.  I remember the time between cats as being empty.  I'm pretty sure I begged Mom to get us another kitty.  Eventually, she did.  And we got a beautiful, shy feline.  I was very happy, but she seemed to be afraid of me.  I finally gained her trust, and though I always thought of her as Mom's cat, I think she had a pretty big soft spot for me, too.

She would climb into my bed at night, even though I was on the top bunk.  Even after she had her front claws removed, she still found a way.  She would cuddle with me for a while and then leave, as cats do.

There was a time when I realized just how special she was.  That was the time when I realized I couldn't live without a cat in my life.  She was an amazing kitty, and I will never forget her.

So now I have two beautiful feline-sons that have my heart.  But it's because of her that I believe in the powers of owning a cat.  I believe God granted these animals with so many gifts.  The trick is; them being bothered to use them ;)

Po1s0n.

No comments:

Post a Comment