Friday, August 19, 2011

Turning My Music to Volume: Deaf

So I find it funny that another guy actually hears me while you go on ignoring me for video games and hulu.  Fine.  Maybe the online world will actually listen.  And I think you would be interested in this.  Also, this is great to talk about as parents.  But whatever.  Love you too...

I never realized how technologically hooked we are to need "breaks" from eating to check our devices.
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/10-things-you-dont-know-about-teens-and-social-networking-2527367/

I'm sorry, but my kids aren't even getting cell phones until they need them and aren't getting laptops until they either are required by their school or when the graduate from high school.  A computer won't be going into their room, because sleep is more important.  School is more important.  And if my 16 year old has a cell phone, they won't be using it at the table.  Ever.  No "breaks" during the meal, and the meal isn't going to be shortened just because their friend keeps texting them.

On another note, I would hate to remove a "friend" from facebook but she disappeared for forever and is now posting the occasional item on facebook but ignoring all of her friends who were worried about her the whole time.  The good news?  She's not dead after all.  Yay.  But thanks for being such a freaking jerk to everyone.

Poison.

No comments:

Post a Comment