Tuesday, February 21, 2012

God's Word [to me] Spoken By Someone Else

http://godthoughtsforlife.blogspot.com/2012/02/self-doubt.html

This link up there that I just pasted is written from someone whose blog I am following.  It's also EXACTLY how I feel.  ALL the time.  Not just every once in a while.  Always.

Why are we struggling so hard to get by?  Those people over there and those over there and those over there (you get the message)... THEY'RE all fine!  THEY are happy!  THEY'RE not struggling!  (granted, we all look happy on the outside, don't we?)

When my husband says all of this, I always tell him, "Yeah, well those people are also in mountains of debt from credit cards."  Though not all of them are, it makes ME feel better.

We are trying so hard to live right and be faithful and all that wonderful spiritual blah blah blah.  Yet when I go to bed at night, I wonder ... "Wouldn't it just be easier to give up on God?  Wouldn't it just be easier to deny Him?"

The answer, of course, is no.  I can't deny Someone who has been there through literally EVERYTHING I have.  I can't deny Him anymore than I could deny my own existence.  I know He is real and there... It's just hard being a follower.

So my friend who wrote that blog... I know exactly how she feels.  Thank you for writing that blog.  Love you, sis.

Po1s0n.

No comments:

Post a Comment