Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's a Long Way From Now But...

I am still going through this debate in my head.  To have another child or to be done with it at one.  I told my husband that I would give him an answer when our son was 6 months old, but that was 6 months ago!  I think I told him to hold off on the vasectomy because I still didn't know.  Part of me still really wants a little girl someday but the other part of me is really happy with having just one kid.  And if we get financially okay, we can foster and adopt children later.  It's not the same as having our own, but that's also a plus side.  No pregnancy; no labor!  Sure, we know what we're getting ourselves into by knowing our own gene pools and medical history, but I've always wanted to adopt.

I haven't really talked to DH about all of this yet, since it's kind of a recent thought development.  For some reason, I was thinking about it yesterday and today.  We both want a little girl someday...

MIL is not happy with us even thinking about a vasectomy.  She was only able to have one child, so she feels we are messing with fate or whatever.  My thoughts are simple:  God can still let a fixed man get a woman pregnant.  I'm still having mixed feelings about it.

I guess it's "whatever happens, happens."

Po1s0n.

No comments:

Post a Comment