Monday, March 19, 2012

Who Is Selfish?

Who is selfish?  Who is right in being selfish?  Him?  Me?  Are we both supposed to be patient for only God knows what?  Or is one of us supposed to be able to achieve his/her goals and dreams before the other?  Or maybe, the both of us are supposed to just go at it, no matter the consequences?

I am tight when it comes to money.  Not as tight as I should be at times, but usually when DH wants to buy something that isn't necessary. 

He wants to browse stores, and I don't see the point of browsing if I'm not going to pay for anything like that anyway.

He wants to start a business, and I believe in not doing something that needs a financially responsible leader when we are still in debt.

He has such high hopes and dreams and I always get the feeling that he is going to go for them RIGHT NOW.  When I tell him to wait and tell him why, he gets so frustrated. 

What he doesn't understand (and what I haven't been able to convey properly, I guess) is that I have hopes and dreams too... I really want to get back to Grace University.  Not that it really matters much, since all of my friends are gone from there anyway (well, most of them).  Or will be come May of this year.  I guess I really liked the professors and .. well, I just liked the school.  I miss it.  I miss the Biblical classes.  OK, so go to a different one.  No...  Go to SCC to get your general eds.  It just doesn't feel right!  Community and Technial colleges just don't feel right.  Either, really, can any school other than Grace.  And I hate that!  I ruined something good and am having a hard time simply waiting.  Grace doesn't offer daycare for students.  So I have to wait until Malachi is in school.  Otherwise, I will just have to find something else online... And probably have something come up where I can't complete it.. again.

I wish things were simple.  I hate that I'm so frustrated every time DH wants to go for his dreams.  All because I can't.  Well, that and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment