Thursday, May 19, 2011

Childish Things

I never thought I would even be thinking about child number two this early in the game, but my loving husband is constantly joking about me being pregnant already.  It got me to thinking that having a little girl would be great, but I want us to plan that one five years down the road when our son is in school.

Lately, I've been tired and hungry like you wouldn't believe, and this is probably the first night I can't sleep very well (yes I am up at 2am and it has nothing to do with my son).  Naturally, with my husband's constant comments about pregnancy and the little sister our son needs, my mind instantly thinks to that and how I really do not want to be pregnant while my son is only 4 months old.

And of course, how could I be pregnant when we've only had sex like three times since birth and every time was protected?

I'll admit I've been praying to start my period early so that I don't have to perform while I'm on it, so I was ecstatic when I started spotting.

Only, that's all I did...

It's common for periods to be erratic after labor, but mine went right on being toward the end of the month like normal and hasn't been different.

But I'm not taking that pregnancy test until the second week of next month with no sign of Ms. Monthly.  Meanwhile, I'm praying that it's just my husband's words that are giving me this fear.  There is no way I'm ready for another kid right now.  One is plenty.

Poison.

No comments:

Post a Comment