Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dare 5

Yesterday's dare was #5.
ASK YOUR SPOUSE FOR THREE THINGS THAT MAKE HIM UNCOMFORTABLE OR IRRITATED WITH YOU.  DO NOT GET DEFENSIVE OR TRY TO JUSTIFY YOUR ACTIONS.

His responses weren't what I expected at all.  In fact, he actually couldn't think of anything right away and had to think about it.

1) He doesn't like the walls I put up around myself.
2) He doesn't like that I seem unhappy with where life turned up.
3) He doesn't like it when I get irritated at him for not going to bed.  "But that's just a small thing."

The first two, I completely understood and didn't fight him on them.  No problem.  The third one, I slipped up and tried to justify it, but shut up before I got too much into it.  I understand where he's coming from.

I can't sleep without him, so #3 is going to be very difficult to control.
#1 is impossible by myself.  That one is going to take a LOT of prayer.
#2 is a matter of being patient and being completely content with where I am in life.  After all, this IS where God put us.

Today's dare is not reacting in irritation to tough circumstances in our marriage, but rather acting in love.  I'm supposed to make a list of areas where I "need to add margin" in my schedule and a list of wrong motivations I need to release from my life.
Wrong motivations, I understand, but I have no idea how to add margin in my schedule for things like more sleep and all that.  I'm a mother.  I get naps when kiddo does.  I also have insomnia, so... it's not because of lack of time for sleep that I'm so tired :(
Now, I DO need to eat more.  I totally get that.

Poison.

PS:  Mood isn't terrible today.  Haven't dealt with hubby more than 1.5 hours today so far. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment