Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Gift

I posted on a social network a certain issue that I had... I'm not really happy *surprise!*

Well, she mailed me The Love Dare.  I got it today.
My plan is to keep posting about my journey.  In a way, it keeps me accountable to doing the book.

So!  Today... Day #1

DON'T SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE TOWARD YOUR SPOUSE.

Now, I've been turning into somewhat of a nag... OK, I'm horrible at it and it's been that way for a while.

This morning, before I got the book, I had to get up early.  Well, I'm not a morning person.  I remember being cranky and asking him why he put honey in the oatmeal and why he made it so runny.

After I got the book, I haven't said anything negative TO him, though I did have a moment of forgetting about the dare and mumbled something about me being annoyed at hubby... I mumbled it to my son, who could probably care less.  It was something as simple as asking hubby to do something while I was doing something else.  He played on facebook instead of doing as I asked.  *sigh*

BUT... I did not yell at him :)  And I told him I wasn't going to.
And when I mentioned a pet peeve of mine towards him and my roommate, I did it as nicely as I could.  I simply mentioned that it was becoming annoying and that I would really appreciate it if they would ______ :)

I did good today.  We'll see what happens tomorrow.  Hopefully I can get a look at the dare without him knowing.  He has no idea that I have the book, and I'm really hoping to keep it that way.

P.

PS:  I feel good today.

1 comment: